Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Thank you, Melletta Bell of the Big Bend Archives!

Melletta Bell of the Big Bend Archives at Sul Ross University in Alpine, Texas deserves special credit for doing what she does everyday. She helps historians and amateur genealogists and writers to uncover the history of Big Bend. I didn’t realize when we visited the Big Bend Archives that I would discover so many photos and information of my mother’s history when she lived in Big Bend as an orphan and a student of Ivalee Bales in Glenn Springs in the Big Bend in the 1920s. Melletta was so helpful to grant permission to use the Big Bend photos from the archives in my books. I’m very grateful for her help. Here’s what she wrote to me after we met at Panther Junction, Big Bend for the Pioneer Days Reunion:
Diane,
Thank you for this. I so enjoyed your presentation and meeting your daughter and friend. But the best part was meeting you. You are amazing!
Best, Melleta


No comments:

Post a Comment